New Sermon Posted: "To God Be The Glory!"

Hello everyone. I hope that this summer is going well for all of you who are reading this blog. I am just posting to let you know that I was given the honor of preaching this past Sunday at the church where I am on staff (Ancient City Baptist Church). I have uploaded the message to this blog site under "Audio Sermons" as well as to my podcast on itunes. Please give it a listen and let me know what you think.
Over this past 2 weeks I have been really gripped by the power that God granted to Jesus Christ following His victory over sin and death for us. The passage that I discuss is found in Philippians 2:1-11 and supported by Hebrews 1. In these passages the authors help the reader to begin to comprehend the majesty and magnificant power that lies within the being of Christ. Specifically, in this message, I focus on what will one day happen in the lives of every living or dead being on this earth. The fact that all will bow down to Him and confess His Lordship is an encouragement for the believer to hold fast to his mission here on earth and it is a call to the lost of who Jesus is and what He has done for us.
As a result of what Jesus has done for us by saving us and calling us into a relationship with Himslf we must be loyal to our calling as the church, both to be of one accord and to be the city on the hill as an example of Jesus Christ to all those who have not heard His gospel message.
This passage encourages us and challenges us in our faith and actions.

Most of all it reminds us of the ultimate end of all things: To God Be The Glory!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inclusionist, Exclusionist, Pluralist...What do they all mean?

Casting Lots and Determining God's Will

The Trinity and The Triple Point