Update from Vacation


Hello Church,

 

I am writing this update to you all from the Lifeway Ridgecrest Conference Center in North Carolina. They have a special program for pastors and their families to get away and enjoy the mountains. It is such a blessing for us to have the opportunity to take some time to rest and recharge this week. The girls are having a blast and are excited to do some hiking, rock climbing, and exploring tomorrow.

 

I will keep my update short this week so that I can remain focused on our family time together. This evening while the girls were playing in a nearby creek, I leaned back against the bench, took a deep breath of mountain air, and felt a wonderful peace from the Lord. This inspired me to write this letter to you.

 

In times such as these, we need to remember that Jesus desires and provides a way for us to experience peace through our fellowship with Him and the indwelling Holy Spirit. The great news is that you don’t need to come up to North Carolina to experience His promised peace! The potential for His promised peace resides within you through the ministry of the Holy Spirit. Take some time and meditate on this verse. Enjoy the supernatural, powerful peace that follows!

 

“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.

Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.”

 

John 14:27

 

In His Service,

Pastor Josh


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casting Lots and Determining God's Will

Inclusionist, Exclusionist, Pluralist...What do they all mean?

The Trinity and The Triple Point